This is a four-year program designed to equip students with knowledge, technical skills and work habits required for a variety of entry level positions in the tourism industry.
Tourism management is the oversight of all activities related to thetourism and hospitality industries. It’s a multidisciplinary field that prepares people with the interest, experience, and training formanagement positions in the food, accommodations, and tourism industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of tourism industry, local tourism products and services.
- Interpret and apply relevant laws related to tourism industry.
- Observe and perform risk mitigation activities.
- Utilize information technology applications for tourism and hospitality.
- Manage and market a service- oriented business organization.
- Demonstrate administrative and managerial skills in a service oriented business organization.
- Prepare and monitor industry specific financial transactions and reports.
- Perform human capital development functions of a tourism oriented organization.
- Utilize various communication channels proficiently in dealing with guest and colleagues.